Sunday, February 16, 2014

An Unsure Beginning

I don't really even know how to start this post. I'm not really even sure where God has me going with this blog. All I know is, He wants me to start writing again.

God is amazing. God is everything. Yet we make Him so small. I make Him so small.

I have been writing Facebook notes for a while, and it's interesting to think that during the time I wrote the most frequently, I had the least amount of relationship with God. Sorry to disappoint you, but just because you say good things and have good thoughts doesn't mean you and God are tight. It just means He's choosing to work through you in spite of all your issues.

That was my case, anyway.

Over the last two years and a half years, God has done far more in me than I ever thought He needed to do - that should tell you right there that something was wrong. If you ever think you don't have any more to learn, be careful - God might just show you how incorrect you are.

Every day for me anymore is unsure. I am unsure how God will choose to work, how the day will end, or what conflict might happen. I am unsure of where He will take me and what He will choose to walk me through. But the one thing I do know, the one thing I am learning is this:

No matter what it is, no matter what He does, no matter what He allows, he is faithful to walk with me through it. He will not bring up anything that he isn't prepared to help me handle.

A friend of mine told me one time that when she is feeling insecure or struggling, she just reminds herself "God is good and He loves me."

I have found that as life goes on, day by monotonous day, we often forget that simple fact: God is good and He loves us.

So as I write, my hope is that we will all be reminded of this: That God is good and He loves us. He is faithful, He is sovereign, He is true and He is unchanging.

I hope that God works in you and encourages you with these writings.

And if like me you are unsure, that God will show you Who you can be sure in.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one am so excited you are writing again! I loved what your friend said..God is good and he loves me. As soon as I read it...I felt such peace. So simple, yet so profound. Looking forward to more writings!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete